Are you looking to get informed about the hair transplant procedure before undergoing surgery? Hair transplant is one of the safest and least painful surgeries performed in the field of cosmetics.
- Choosing a Hair Transplant Specialist: It is important to choose an experienced and expert hair transplant doctor or clinic for the hair transplant procedure. Your doctor’s experience will affect the quality of the results.
- Learning About the Recovery Process and Results: Obtain detailed information about the hair transplant procedure and its results from your doctor or clinic. Understand realistic expectations about the procedure process, results, and recovery.
- Choosing the Type of Hair Transplant: You may need to choose among different hair transplant methods (FUE, DHI, Sapphire FUE, Hybrid). Discuss with your doctor which method is most suitable for you.
- Smoking and Alcohol Use: It is recommended to reduce or quit smoking and alcohol use before the hair transplant procedure as they can affect the recovery process.
- Medications and Health Condition: Share your current medications and health condition with your doctor. Some medications can have an impact on hair transplant. You should stop taking B and E vitamins before the hair transplant. If you are using blood thinners, consult your doctor and stop taking them 2 days before the hair transplant. Vitamins and blood thinners will complicate the Hair Transplant procedure and increase bleeding. (Please consult your doctor before discontinuing your medications.)
- Hair Cutting: On the day of the procedure, your hair may need to be trimmed or shaved. Get these instructions from your doctor and prepare accordingly.
- Nutrition Before the Procedure: Maintaining a healthy and balanced diet before the procedure can support the recovery process.
- Preparation on the Procedure Day: Choose comfortable and buttoned-up clothing for the procedure day. Hair transplant procedures typically last for a few hours, so it’s important to be comfortable during the process.
- Post-Procedure Care Plan: Get post-procedure care instructions from your doctor and follow these instructions carefully.
What to Do Before Hair Transplant
What should be done before hair transplant?
- Inform your doctor about the medications you regularly use.
- Do not consume alcohol before hair transplant (for about 2 weeks).
- Herbal medicines
- Blood thinning medications
- Blood thinners
You can discontinue these medications under the supervision of your doctor.
What to Consider After Hair Transplant
What to consider after hair transplant is quite important for a successful recovery and the best results. Here are some key points to consider after hair transplant:
- Post-Operative Rest: Resting after hair transplant and going through the post-operative process calmly is very important. Avoid heavy physical activities for a few days after the procedure.
- Cold Compresses: You can apply cold compresses to your face to reduce potential swelling and edema after the operation.
- Regular Medication Use: Take the antibiotics, pain relievers, or other medications recommended by your doctor regularly. This reduces the risk of infection and provides relief.
- Avoid Touching the Hair Transplant Area: Try to avoid touching the hair transplant area as much as possible. This reduces the risk of infection and helps the grafts adhere better.
- Keep the Head and Neck Elevated: Keeping your head and neck elevated after hair transplant can reduce swelling and improve blood circulation.
- Avoid Salty Foods: Avoid excessive consumption of salty foods and excessive fluid intake after hair transplant, as this can increase edema.
- Exercise: Avoid heavy physical activities for the first few days and even weeks after the procedure. Especially strenuous exercises like cardio and weight lifting can increase blood pressure and potentially harm the hair transplant area.
- Follow Hair Washing Instructions: Follow the hair washing instructions provided by your doctor or hair transplant specialist carefully. You may need to avoid washing your hair for a certain period after the procedure.
- Sun Protection: It’s important to protect yourself from the sun after the operation. Avoid direct sunlight or cover your head.
- Doctor Visits: Regularly attend the appointments scheduled by your doctor for follow-up and examination after the procedure.
After hair transplant, patients should stay at home for the first three days and avoid strenuous activities. Avoid taking aspirin-type medications within the first week after surgery. Patients who have had a Hair Transplant Surgery with the FUE and FUD Technique should be aware of the swelling that usually starts on the second day after hair transplant and lasts for an average of 5 days. This swelling is temporary and has no long-term harm.
Following these recommendations will help you go through the post-hair transplant period more comfortably and successfully. However, every patient is different, so be sure to follow your doctor’s recommendations and instructions.
When Does Swelling After Hair Transplantation Go Away?
When does swelling after hair transplant go away? Many people think that the swelling that occurs shortly after hair transplant surgery is permanent. However, this swelling is not permanent and usually disappears completely within 3-5 days. (There is no problem in the long term.)
Alcohol Use Before Hair Transplantation
You should avoid alcohol use before hair transplantation. Alcohol use can negatively affect blood circulation, which can have a detrimental impact on grafts. You should try to abstain from consuming alcohol after the hair transplant surgery.
For individuals who smoke, they should also reduce or quit smoking.
Does Hair Transplantation Hurt?
Before hair transplant surgery, many people wonder “Does hair transplant hurt.” During the operation, the patient is given local anesthesia, so the procedure is completed without the patient feeling the procedures being performed.
What Is Forbidden After Hair Transplantation?
Things that are prohibited after hair transplant:
- Consuming alcohol
- Exposure to the sun
- High-effort activities
These are among the things that are prohibited after hair transplant.
Hair Transplant Before and After Photos
The before and after photos of hair transplantation with Hair-Med are as shown in the following images.